Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 7 12 17 22 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcomers, Introduce yourself to the locals

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    nice

Still unpacking boxes Skier Village Coach TDK's Avatar
    Hi, Im TDK. Im from Europe so I hope to offer you some over the seas viewpoints on skiing. Im an allmountain skier but 90% of the time Im on SL skis, the rest on GS and SG skis. That should give you guys a glimbs of my skiing terrain and preferences at the moment. Honored to be one of the first.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TDK View Post
    Hi, Im TDK. Im from Europe so I hope to offer you some over the seas viewpoints on skiing. Im an allmountain skier but 90% of the time Im on SL skis, the rest on GS and SG skis. That should give you guys a glimbs of my skiing terrain and preferences at the moment. Honored to be one of the first.
    Welcome TDK,
    Forgive me, but I am still a new skier so I don't know all of the definitions and abbreviations. What are SG skis? And what part of Europe are you from? My favorite skis are my Dynastar Exclusive Legends from Chamonix. Do you ski there?

Blog Entries
    Right after I posted my question to you, one of the answers came to mind. Of course it came after I posted! SG must mean Super G! I did not think of it then because I have only seen that event once on TV a long time ago and I don't know much about it or how it actually works. Perhaps you could still tell me. Thank you.

Bushido Princess, I'm not qualified to comment much on racing, I'm an off piste kind of dude, but here are a couple videos that might help. The first is of a slalom race, and the second is Super G. It appears TDK is a pretty good SG skier, I'll leave it to him to fill you in on the details of the skis he uses for it, and what it's like to do.

What can I say, I think she's hot!

Blog Entries
    Cool! Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for putting the videos on. Now I get it, SG is a combination of Downhill and GS! That slalom race was insane!!! What a brilliant recovery. I guess that's what we all aspire to.

Yeah, you and a lot of other boys out there are in the "We wish she were not married group". Even my husband enjoyed watching her ski!

I also checked out some GS on youtube as well. I have been told to look at a lot of GS since I am just learning angulation.

Home Sweet Home Snow Sport Instructor Lars's Avatar
    Hey, my name is Lars and I'm very pleased to be a part of this new community and contribute in any way I can to help it grow. I have no doubt there are many good things to come in the future.
    Last edited by Lars; May 24th, 2011 at 03:46 PM.

Living in a van down by the river Princess Buttercup's Avatar
    Hi Lars and TDK,

Welcome to the village, nice to see you both.
    Diamonds are a girls best friend

Ski bum for the season Volkl Girl's Avatar
    Hi I'm Volk Girl.

Yeah Lindsay rocks.
    You have $10 worth of concentration - spend it wisely!