Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: question about modifying boot shells to acomodate booster straps

The Booster goes above the front of the cuff.
    Hi Jamt,

Thanks for the photo. it looks to me that your booster is getting slightly pinched between the bottom half of the strap and the cuff? At least it looks that way from the photo.

TOby

Furnished the apartment Skier Village Coach
    Yes, that is right. You can see the original strap left of the heel of the left boot. I replaced mine with Booster.
    Just by looking at what people are wearing at races I'd say that this is the most popular race boot in Sweden these days. Because of the Vacuum you don't really have to suffer from many of the other drawbacks of plug boots that pavski refers to.

Furnished the apartment Skier Village Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Hi Jamt,

Thanks for the photo. it looks to me that your booster is getting slightly pinched between the bottom half of the strap and the cuff? At least it looks that way from the photo.

TOby
    On my boots the booster is just above the cuff, but I suppose you could have it pinched in between if you wanted to. On my previous boots the Booster quite often slid ou and hurt my tibia. That never happens now.

On my boots the booster is just above the cuff, but I suppose you could have it pinched in between if you wanted to. On my previous boots the Booster quite often slid ou and hurt my tibia. That never happens now.
    Hi Jamt,

Thats the problem with my boots. The liner doesn't sit high enough above the cuff to keep from being pinched. While I know the padded portion of the booster strap is supposed to stay upfront, I wonder what would happen if I placed the padded section more to the side of the boot so just strap was covering the front of the boot? Have you or anybody you know tried that before? And what were your results?

Home Sweet Home Skier Village Coach mastersracer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The stretch is all in the padded section of the booster. Properly placed, it lets your leg move forward on the centerline. If you moved it to the side, you'd have stretch on one side and no stretch on the other and your lower leg would likely experience twisting forces from the strap.

I see what your saying Mastersracer. Good point...