Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Photos of a few of my Village friends

Thread: Photos of a few of my Village friends

Living in a van down by the river Bazzer's Avatar

Photos of a few of my Village friends

Had the pleasure of spending some time in the mountains with several of my fellow Skier Village friends. I took a few laps with my new consumer-level DSLR and low-budget lens at Mt. Rose and made a few images to share.

Name:  Kulick-12-02-28-159.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  84.1 KB
    Noodler doing his physical interpretation of the Adele song Rolling In The Deep.

Name:  Kulick-12-03-02-056.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  84.4 KB
    Segbrown making fast work of soft bumps.

Name:  Kulick-12-03-02-091.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  78.2 KB
    Bumpfreaq shows that it doesn't hurt to have a sunny disposition.

Name:  Kulick-12-03-02-096.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  90.7 KB
    Mt. Rose is my new buddy ScotsSkier's home mountain. Our small gang was exceedingly lucky to have such a knowing hand show us around for a few hours. SS is quite the racer, and though we were playing almost exclusively in the powder and trees on fat skis, he graciously agreed to my request to make one groomer run so I could capture him in his natural element. Here's ScotsSkier doing his impression of a canon ball with feet.
    Life is short. Drink the good wine first.

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great photos Bazzar!

Know all the neighbours by name Senior Citizen Representative
    - see the rocking chair by the fire
    March 15, 2012

Hi ss:

Well, a true "blue" Scottish Nationalist. Scottish colors ski jacket as well as the Scottish National Emblem on your helmet. Great skiing/racing form. Hope to make your acquaintance on snow soon. Already skied with Segbrown and Freaq. You, Bazzer and Noodler soon, I hope.

Hi Bazzer: Thanks for the pictures. Wish I could duplicate so that one of me was at Rose while the original was at Utah.

Think snow,

SCR

ps: to really keep in the spirt and round out the picture, you need a pair of Lange RS racing boots.

Lange RS 130 (2011)
    Last edited by CharlieP; March 15th, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it ~ George Santayana

Living in a van down by the river
    Nice! You got the touch with the lens!
    Been warmer then all getup around here this past week, means there's a Big Storm Brewing!

Ski bum for the season scotsskier's Avatar
    [QUOTE=CharlieP;20606]March 15, 2012

Hi ss:

Well, indeed a Scot Nationalist. Scottish colors ski jacket as well as the Scottish National Emblem on your helmet. Great skiing/racing form. Hope to make your acquaintance on snow soon. Already skied with Segbrown and Freaq. You, Bazzer and Noodler soon, I hope.

Think snow,

SCR

ps: to really keep in the spirt and round out the picture, you need a pair of Lange RS racing boots.

Thanks CP! You really do have a great knowledge of all things Scottish!. I hadn't even thought about the jacket, but now you mention it, it really is Scottish - small checks!!. The flag on the helmet has kind of become my "thing" and lets people pick me out easily. Can't do the Langes, wrong shape for my foot but my back-up Atomic boots are white/blue so that would complete the color coding!.

Bazzer is quite an ace with the Lens, his shots flatter me. He is also a real gentleman as he didn't publish the shots of me falling on my face!

It was an excellent day at Rose and the standard of skiing from the group was incredibly high, it was a pleasure to show them around. I look forward to the opportunity to ski with you here

Know all the neighbours by name Senior Citizen Representative
    - see the rocking chair by the fire
    March 15, 2012

Hi Village Skiers (especially those who call Mt Rose home):

The legendary US Ski Team woman dynamo Tamara McKinney and her brother use to train and race with the Mt Rose Juniors Race Team (Falcons at that time? Not sure). Her coach I think was Rusty Crook, who is still with the Mt Rose Ski School leading the Silver Streak Program.

Tamara McKinney going through SL gates was described as mercury going through the course. I think she still lives in the Tahoe region, along with Rahlves, Wong, Plake etc.

Think snow,

SCR

ps: Not to worry, my skiing will pull the "incredibly high standard" down to earth.
    Last edited by CharlieP; March 15th, 2012 at 09:10 PM.
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it ~ George Santayana