Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Trips

I have my own seat in the pub Skier Village Coach Coach Rick's Avatar

Dream Trips

This world holds so many magical and beautiful places. If you could, what trip of a lifetime would you want to make? Where would you go? What would you do? What would you want to see?

You don't have to limit it to one. Dream big, my Villager friends!
    YOUR SKI COACH - Bringing world class skills to the recreational skier

* Instructional DVDs * Technical Articles * On Hill Coaching

www.YourSkiCoach.com

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One place I would love to go to is Bhutan. My dad was offered a job there once and we thought about it but he chose not to take it but I think I would have loved it there.

My horse knows his own way home Little Tiger's Avatar
    Round the world for me... I'd be zigging and zagging everywhere... trouble is it would take me years!

Thanks, BP, for introducing me to a new and interesting place

www.YourSkiCoach.com

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You are very welcome CR. It really is an extraordinary country and it is a place that would be very soothing to the soul. When dad was offered the job there were only 6 doctors of his specialty in the whole country. I was excited about it. There was no electricity in the whole country then and I don't even know if they had running water either. The thought of living in such a well preserved and respected environment was amazing. But there were important reasons that kept him from accepting the position so we did not get to go. But perhaps one of these days we will be able to visit.

Know all the neighbours by name Skier Village Poet Winks's Avatar
    I would also love to visit Bhutan! What a country! Michael J. Fox visisted (tv special) and had a cessation of PD symptoms while there (unclear why....soothing nature of environment/lack of stress, altitude, etc).

Additionally, I would visit other "examples" of various forms of spirituality -- Tibet, Dharamsala, India (where the Dalai Lama lives), Mecca, Jerusalem, Rome, Ankor Wat, India (unclear where), Burma (Theravadan Buddhism), etc. I'm sure I'd add a lot to my list as I did more research.

Know all the neighbours by name Skier Village Poet Winks's Avatar

Wudang Mountain - Taoist Center

A little long but talk about balance. I met a Taoist priest in AZ. To watch him move was amazing!

Furnished the apartment Skier Village Coach
    So many people already travel a lot and go to far flung places. I'll never have the funds for this kind of travel so I think little about it but study as much as I can about places of interest. I don't fill my brain with what cannot be, I do what i can.

Daydreaming can be fun , enjoy.

Garry, when I was in College I car pooled out to San Diego with a couple friends. We then Hitched all the way up the coast, living out of our backpacks (an adventure for sure), and after visiting a friend in Seattle I set out on a bike alone, headed for home back in Buffalo. Every night was spent in my tent. I still have many vivid and special memories from that trip, and it cost me peanuts. Travel can be very expensive, or with imagination it can be very unique and reasonable. It's a big world, with many wonderful far away places to see, but there are also wondrous things many of us have yet to see and do that are right nearby where we live.

www.YourSkiCoach.com

Furnished the apartment Skier Village Coach
    Good points Rick . I want to see it all but , like most of us, i am limited by what I can do. I've hitch-hiked across the US three times as a kid. Over to the East, Down to Mexico and into the mid South . I do my share of exploring locally. It's awesome where I live because of all the nearby nature and proximity to wilderness. There are wonders to find looking out a window at times. I just saw this beautiful blue bird . A lighter blue than the sky . It was really beautiful and not long ago In Winter I saw a huge beautiful Golden Eagle on a branch right next to the road on my morning drive up to the mountain.

I keep my eyes open and find joy in life and the thought of far away places just makes my heart yearn for things that are beyond me right now.

I would like to see England, Paris, Tibet, Istanbul, New Zealand and Australia, explore Incan ruins and countries we don't get to see like Iran . I would like to watch the sun rise from some far away Island and fish until it falls. I have dreams too , but I'm just to extravagant in them.

My next adventure is gonna be driving in Seattle traffic for a while and I will find something worthwhile in each trip.