Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Trips

Home Sweet Home Skier Village Coach mastersracer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've had some of my dream vacas already. Many of them are documented on my live.com site? Here's a favorite: https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=A648C...B9D392D%211182

I dream of skiing on every continent. NA, SA and Europe are in the can.

Looking for a house Snow Sport Instructor
    My dream trip: Ski every ski area in the US of A.

Blog Entries
    I enjoy skiing new areas. It keeps it all fresh.

Home Sweet Home Snow Sport Instructor Lars's Avatar
    I've always wanted to visit China. The entire country intrigues me. I'd spend an entire year just visiting different sections with it's diverse cultures.

As a side trip would find me in Nepal where I'd love to make it to Everest Base Camp. I know i'd never be able to make the climb to the top but making it to base camp or maybe the Khumbu ice falls would be enough.

Then spend some time touring Nepal and Tibet. It's religion and cultures have always been an interest of mine.
    all the knowledge in the world is of no use to fools

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder what yak and camel milk taste like so I would like to visit Mongolia and Israel.

Blog Entries
    I'd like to visit Denmark too.

Blog Entries
    I went there for a honeymoon when I was in my mid 20s. Right after Chernobyl in fact. It was fantastic. Home base was Copenhagen. We rented bikes for a day. Rode trains and buses a lot. We should have just gotten bikes for the entire week! The flowers were in bloom, the Tivoli was gorgeous. Beer is dispensed in vending machines! Great museums, castles, etc. No digital pictures :-(

Living in a van down by the river
    Checked one of my dream trips off a year or two ago when I made it to Paris finally. Went head over heels for the city. Other trips I'd like to do are Belize, Costa Rica, a cruise through the Panama Canal, Australia, and New Zealand. Oh, and Morocco. I'm trying to talk one of my cousins in to a trip to Israel. Her family's from there, so I'd get to see more than just the tourist places. Also, I really want to get back to Italy. I was lucky enough to go when I was 12, but would like to go again.

Blog Entries
    I've heard mixed things about Morocco. Some people love it. Mom liked the shopping but did not like the city. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for. I would love to visit Belize. I have a cousin who spent a summer there and said it was magnificent. And of course New Zealand is spectacular. Good thing we have kea posting photos for us on another thread!

Know all the neighbours by name Skier Village Poet Winks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    I've always wanted to visit China. The entire country intrigues me. I'd spend an entire year just visiting different sections with it's diverse cultures.

As a side trip would find me in Nepal where I'd love to make it to Everest Base Camp. I know i'd never be able to make the climb to the top but making it to base camp or maybe the Khumbu ice falls would be enough.

Then spend some time touring Nepal and Tibet. It's religion and cultures have always been an interest of mine.
    Me too, Lars, at least re: China. I've always wanted to see that famous gorge you're always seeing in films (not to mention the Great Wall, etc etc.).
    Mongolia and Tibet would be neat too. But Everest I think I would pass on.