Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dream Trips

Looking for an apartment Stranger's Avatar
    Would love to see all of this marble, but the longtime dream has been more limited. It is #1 on the bucket list.

Europe for all winter with: one pair of skis, a backpack, and enough space on the credit card to enjoy it. No plan, just go. The ability is there, but like most family is the restraint.

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ! Stranger, it took me a minute to understand that when you said Marble you meant the planet and not the stone. I was wondering if there was a magnificent accumulation of stone marble somewhere that we should all see! !

Home Sweet Home Skier Village Coach mastersracer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here's some marble from a dream trip of mine.

Name:  Cervinia 90.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  95.6 KB

This was next to an overnight stop, the Hotel Stazionne, Châtillon, where we stayed to catch the bus the next morning on our way to Cervinia. It was at a marble yard just a few hundred meters up the road from the hotel.

I enjoyed Morocco. I flew to Madrid from Turin, overnight sleeper (2 berths) to the coast, ferry to Morocco and another overnight sleeper (10 berths, memorable in a bad way). I'd like to go to the Atlas Mts. and ski.
    Last edited by mastersracer; July 4th, 2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: poor prof reding

Moderator Snow Sport InstructorSkier Village Coach LiquidFeet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by garryz View Post
    Good points Rick . I want to see it all but , like most of us, i am limited by what I can do. I've hitch-hiked across the US three times as a kid. Over to the East, Down to Mexico and into the mid South . I do my share of exploring locally. It's awesome where I live because of all the nearby nature and proximity to wilderness. There are wonders to find looking out a window at times. I just saw this beautiful blue bird . A lighter blue than the sky . It was really beautiful and not long ago In Winter I saw a huge beautiful Golden Eagle on a branch right next to the road on my morning drive up to the mountain.

I keep my eyes open and find joy in life and the thought of far away places just makes my heart yearn for things that are beyond me right now.

I would like to see England, Paris, Tibet, Istanbul, New Zealand and Australia, explore Incan ruins and countries we don't get to see like Iran . I would like to watch the sun rise from some far away Island and fish until it falls. I have dreams too , but I'm just to extravagant in them.

My next adventure is gonna be driving in Seattle traffic for a while and I will find something worthwhile in each trip.
    Garry, I like your attitude. It's much the same with me. Find wonder in the little things within my reach.

Here for a holiday
    I have been lucky enough to have had some very nice vacations already. I would still like to take a Scandinavian Cruise through the Fjords. I am at the point now that I would like to see more of America. CA to see the redwoods, and I would like to make a trip to some of the National Parks, and to Alaska.

Furnished the apartment Skier Village Coach
    I have been working near the Space Needle and the freeways are horrible with traffic so we have been driving down the middle of downtown Seattle to get home the old way. The people watching is awesome. We see something crazy, cool or just plain idiotic daily. People are so cool with their diversity. Seattle is a nice town for being a melting pot of ethnicity, cultural diversity and just unusual people.

Looking for an apartment Stranger's Avatar
    Garryz, if you have not done it go do the Underground Seattle tour down by 1st and Yeltzer. It is really interesting and shows you a lot of the city's less known history. Great not too expensive restaurants and clubs right around there too.

Living in a van down by the river
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowjo View Post
    I have been lucky enough to have had some very nice vacations already. I would still like to take a Scandinavian Cruise through the Fjords. I am at the point now that I would like to see more of America. CA to see the redwoods, and I would like to make a trip to some of the National Parks, and to Alaska.
    View from a few days ago......
    Name:  DSC05316.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  84.4 KB

Furnished the apartment Skier Village Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Garryz, if you have not done it go do the Underground Seattle tour down by 1st and Yeltzer. It is really interesting and shows you a lot of the city's less known history. Great not too expensive restaurants and clubs right around there too.
    I did that in the early 70's and was unguided. They were taking apart the old Public Safety building that housed the mayor's office, clinics and public services. We had access from a big dig for a neighboring foundation . It was dark and inhabited by those that have no homes. We explored around some and left them to their own devices. I lived in Seattle for most of my life and there is much below as the old plumbing had to be above ground because of the tide flats and they built the entries up to the second floors to meet the new roads`after the big fire.A bit
    of a time capsule that lingers in disrepair or renovated for the tourists in the Underground Seattle Tours

I have my own seat in the pub Skier Village Coach Coach Rick's Avatar
    Mr.V, Alaska? Did you go?
    YOUR SKI COACH - Bringing world class skills to the recreational skier

* Instructional DVDs * Technical Articles * On Hill Coaching

www.YourSkiCoach.com