Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My Summer of Surgery - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Summer of Surgery

Moderator Snow Sport InstructorSkier Village Coach LiquidFeet's Avatar
    Keep us informed how it goes, sb4e. What do you do now? Are you working? Reading? Netflixing? Swimming?

Working a bit, reading, bowling when I can, trying to get to the gym two out of 3 days when the status of my
    various repairs permits.

Currently have my brother-in-law and his wife visiting. Yesterday I wore joggers for the first time since my toe operation. Today I walked about a mile, which is probably as far as I have managed since my TKR.

The repair of my right foot has been pushed back to Oct. 5. It's probably for the best, but it does potentially delay the start of my ski season by 9 days.

Know all the neighbours by name Skier Village Poet Winks's Avatar
    Best of luck with your recovery! Hope it goes as smoothly as possible!

One week to go!

Yes, one more week of semi-normal activity.

It's been about a month since my left foot was reconstructed. It looks great but I estimate that it will be another month before I dare try on a ski boot.

Extrapolating, that brings me to Dec.5 to possibly try a few runs.

Realistically, no one knows but I hope I can ski before the end of the year.
    Last edited by skibum4ever; September 28th, 2012 at 08:38 PM.

Nice foot, sb4e. Impressive scar. Does it hurt?

I should show you the before and after:

This is a week after surgery:

The fact is; it barely hurt just after surgery. For the last 2 weeks I've been wearing joggers and I started bowling again about a week ago.

I am cautiously optimistic that next Friday's surgery will be equally benign.

OUCH!!

Had last surgery yesterday. No pain so far. If this follows the same course of healing as the left foot, I'll be back to normal activity in 2-3 weeks.

In the interim I will continue to work on ROM and strength for the right shoulder.

You go girl. It sounds good. You've got someone to bring you food, right? You can just relax with the foot up and be waited on for a while?