Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Surgery for my pup

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So Cute! She matches the rug too! It's great to hear that she is doing well. What is her name?

Her name is Lady. My wife found her 5 years ago in the middle of nowhere during a blizzard, on the side of the road. Pregnant. We could not find her owner. She is an amazing dog. Sometimes I say to her "lady, where's the deer? (or turkey, or bird, or Llama)" and she will glance to the nearest door or window and back into my eyes. Our Labrador, Sam, is afraid of the cat but Lady chases and wrestles with him. She does not 'work' cattle but sure likes to go check them with me. Oh, and she hates coyotes, a constant nuisance here.

Moderator Snow Sport InstructorSkier Village Coach LiquidFeet's Avatar
    Snofan, looks like Lady's got a few gray hairs... how old do you figure she is?

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    she sounds awesome. So glad your wife found her and saved her. Did you keep her pups? I wonder why Sam is afraid of the cat. That's not good. I wonder if there is something that can help him with that.

We have estimated her age by what she appeared to be when found and our vets opinion after inspecting her teeth. Best guess is around 7-8. Our black lab is getting quite a few gray hairs, we think he is around the same age. They both act like puppies much of the time. The Lab, Samson, may be getting a bit sore in the hips, common for labs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Princess View Post
    she sounds awesome. So glad your wife found her and saved her. Did you keep her pups? I wonder why Sam is afraid of the cat. That's not good. I wonder if there is something that can help him with that.
    I'm afraid of the cat too. The pups looked Blue Healer and Border Collie. We put an ad in the paper and they all went in a day or two. They were spectacular.

If ya wanna come over and mess with the cat you are welcome...bring body armor, he's a riot.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Snowfan; September 12th, 2012 at 06:09 PM.

Know all the neighbours by name Skier Village Poet Winks's Avatar
    Great photos!