Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Village Rendezvous 2013

I have my own seat in the pub Skier Village Coach Coach Rick's Avatar

Village Rendezvous 2013

Hi Villagers. Time's a tickin here, and if we want to have one or more Rendezvous this coming winter we'd better get going on planning them. Let's start off by a show of hands on who's interested, and what time period would work best for you.

Like last season, the location will be Summit County, Colorado. We had two last year, and can do it again if we have a clear division in when people can make it out. Sometime in March for sure for one of them, with a potential second one in January or February. So speak up, everyone, and tell us what works for you.

Also, if enough interest exists, we could in addition have an Eastern Rendezvous, for the large contingent of Eastern Villagers we have. Sound off if that sounds good too.

Name:  BreckenridgeTown,Titled,Web.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  100.9 KB
    Last edited by Coach Rick; October 28th, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
    YOUR SKI COACH - Bringing world class skills to the recreational skier

* Instructional DVDs * Technical Articles * On Hill Coaching

www.YourSkiCoach.com

My horse knows his own way home Snow Sport Instructor SMJ's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We will be in Colorado - Feb 23-28th are the ski days.
    I need to be a conqueror, a liberator of my potential, kept prisoner all these years.

Bought a home Skier Village Coach songfta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMJ View Post
    We will be in Colorado - Feb 23-28th are the ski days.
    Decent timing, though a tough week, price-wise, given it's a big holiday period for most U.S.-based families.

My winter is a bit in flux right now, as my mom has said that she wants to schedule surgery on her hip (total replacement) for the January-February timeframe (in order to have her back to normal by gardening season). That means I would be in SLC for an extended period of time, mostly unable to ski, on leave from work, etc. We'll see, though - I need to see what her final date selection is, and plan from there.

Family can be a major spanner in the works of things. Love 'em, but... yeah.

We hope to be in CO several times this season. If you schedule it we will (try to) come.

Songfta, best of luck to your mother. My hubby had both hips replaced and is doing fabulously. His mother got a new hip when she was 90, and did very well also.
    Last edited by skibum4ever; October 28th, 2012 at 09:26 PM.

Moderator Snow Sport InstructorSkier Village Coach LiquidFeet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by songfta View Post
    Decent timing, though a tough week, price-wise, given it's a big holiday period for most U.S.-based families.

My winter is a bit in flux right now, as my mom has said that she wants to schedule surgery on her hip (total replacement) for the January-February timeframe (in order to have her back to normal by gardening season). That means I would be in SLC for an extended period of time, mostly unable to ski, on leave from work, etc. We'll see, though - I need to see what her final date selection is, and plan from there.

Good for you!

Looking for an apartment Skier Village Coach
    We have no plans yet for the entire season. Work and other issues are holding things up. Here is what we know for sure.

December and March......No chance of heading west.
    January ....... an outside/slim chance of heading west

February and April......These are the best times for us. We can't be sure which is a better time. As Songfta said though, there are vacation periods there that make things costly in Feb and we would avoid those times.

My horse knows his own way home Little Tiger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by songfta View Post

Yeah always an issue those family... my Dad broke his neck right as I was negotiating to start a contract... had to can that idea... spent a few weeks as nurse instead...

Good to hear you are looking out for her though...

Moderator Snow Sport InstructorSkier Village Coach LiquidFeet's Avatar
    Broken neck? So sorry to hear this.
    Is he ok now? Do broken necks heal so you get back to normal?

My horse knows his own way home Little Tiger's Avatar
    Yes he healed eventually... 13 weeks in a collar was not fun though... and then when he got out he had little range of motion and poor muscle tone... took a bit of physio and exercise to get back to 'normal'... He is playing tennis(at 81.5) again now though...

Well I guess we won't be around when the March 2013 Rendezvous is on. We are at Breckenridge from the evening of Jan 17th leaving Feb 2nd getting home Feb 4th. MrsH's sister will be with us till Jan 27th as well. I will be heading back to the US on Mar 3rd for another couple of weeks, sans MrsH, but that won't be to CO. Instead I shall head to the PNW to meet friends and do two/three days at each of Mt Batchelor, White Pass and Stevens Pass, maybe Crystal, who knows, plus at least one day at the Museum of Flight. While there I hope to visit the widow of a skiing friend who died last month, and in Summit County the same deal regarding another skiing friend who lost her sole mate. As well as quality time with MrsH, i.e. after her sister heads home, I hope to spend a lot of time drilling so it will be a pretty full program even without the Rendezvous but it would be nice to say hi to anyone who will be in the area. Of course an early priority will be getting back to Jeff to finish off MrsH's boot fitting.
    Last edited by Hacski; October 30th, 2012 at 04:59 AM. Reason: grammar