Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Making my way through the six DVDs

This isn't really about progressing the DVDs but a recap of our vacation as put together by MissH, a nice first effort at video production

showing some of the fun times she had with me and MS from the Aussie forum, and a bit with MrsH.

I have my own seat in the pub Skier Village Coach Coach Rick's Avatar
    HS, what a great way to preserve memories of a such a special time together with your daughter. Seems few sports offer such amazing opportunities for generational sharing and bonding in magical places.
    YOUR SKI COACH - Bringing world class skills to the recreational skier

* Instructional DVDs * Technical Articles * On Hill Coaching

www.YourSkiCoach.com

Indeed CR. Together on skis the relationship changes from 20 year old daughter having to set old fuddy daddy right into two family members on vacation. We had a ball. Skiing is a great facilitator of interpersonal relationship building generally as per the fun we with folks from the Aussie forum, reminding me of the Jan 2012 Rendezvous, with MissH mixing with others of all ages and loving it. I had briefly thought it might be possible for (just) me to go back to work on drills and being on the edge of my comfort zone so as to expand it but that wouldn't have worked so Mrsh and I are looking forward to two weeks in NZ second half of July, with three weeks in Breckenridge (from New Year's Day 2015) already on the cards. Unfortunately MissH won't be making it.

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey H, I haven't looked at your newest video yet but I will soon. I always love your videos. I wanted to tell you something about outside lifts though. I discovered a new game that has helped me a ton. When I am doing them I pretend I am a Jedi knight and say "Trust the Edge" and I actually do. And guess what? It works! I relax and I have managed to get way up on those outside edges, body way leaned over and feel completely comfortable. So much so that now I have to try to match that in my inside lifts. I am still on the greens with them but still, it's exciting!

Thanks BP. The latest video was put together by MissH and she did a great job. I will try the "Trust the Edge" mnemonic when next on snow, in New Zealand. But I won't have to wait until then as I happened to look at some online video by another ski instruction figure doing dryland training on a slope board and he was inclining onto the inside edge as part of that drill, and intriguingly using CR's 'training wheels' hint. Unfortunately MissH won't make that trip, with MrsH's sister coming instead, but I hope to get lots of pics and video to do a trip report, kind of like I did on my birthday trip at home that time. The sequences in the car on the wrong side of the road were fun but just watch for being on the wrong side of the road up to the NZ ski fields!