Thread: Alice in wonderland!

Bought a home Skier Village Coach songfta's Avatar
    An alumna from my old ski team, Rowmark Ski Academy.

Saw her race live on EuroSport early this morning - was cheering LOUDLY after the top seed racers (starts 16-22) made it down and she was still on top!

That, and Ted's win in Adelboden, and I was on cloud nine for my bike ride today (it hit 60-ish today, near 70 tomorrow - this is winter?).

Video of Alice's winning run:

Video of Ted's win at Adelboden:

An argument for one ski drill with angulation...))
    "If you are lucky enough to be on the mountain.....You are lucky enough"

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No intentions of hijacking the thread at all but I am really glad you had a great ride today Songtfa. You can guess we did not end up going to Liberty yesterday. Did not think the lack of coverage would justify the drive and soupy mess is not good skiing for my injured leg. Looks like all that beautiful snow we made a couple of weeks ago is back down to nothing and we will have to wait another week or so to be able to make more. Kind of sucks royally. But as far as I can see in the extended forecast after this coming week it looks pretty good. I am wondering if I should pull out my bike but it's pretty wet up here.

BP, it was damp down here: rode in fog for the first 18 miles of my 64.5 mile ride yesterday, and in the fog/mist for the entirety of today's 48.5 mile ride. Made good use of all the SmartWool stuff I have, that's for sure!

Yesterday's ride: http://app.strava.com/activities/37300691

Today's ride: http://app.strava.com/activities/37425988

Watched today's men's SL race from Adelboden. David Choudounsky skied a brilliant second run, only beaten by the day's winner, Marcel Hirscher, who skied a level above all the other men on a very technical piste. Choudounsky ended up in 10th for the day, with Ligety in 11th.

Vonn placed 4th in today's St. Anton super-G, which was won by Tine Maze of Slovenia, who is running away with the overall title this year.