Thread: Tuning Rossi Experience 88 problems

Looking for an apartment Snow Sport Instructor

Tuning Rossi Experience 88 problems

I decided to tune my Exprience 88 skis today. I set the edge bevel to -2 degrees or 88 degrees from the base. The file was cutting the white behind the edge and just touching the metal part of the edge as if I had set the gage with too much angle. When I set the gauge at -1 degree the edge file was cutting evenly across the edge.

My 1 degree base bevel file did not touch the edges on the base. I measured the base bevel and it measures -2 degrees.

What I am finding is backwards from what standard factory tune should be. Edge bevel should be -2 degrees and the base bevel should be -1 degrees for an edge of 89 degrees. What I have is opposite and the edge is 91 degrees. This would explain why I questioned my alignment as I only notice this at edge change.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Bought a home Skier Village Coach songfta's Avatar
    The basics: never trust a factory tune!

I skied the E88 last season (phenomenal ski, for the record), and had the shop I was demoing from set a 1° base/2° side bevel before I took 'em out (the tech noted they were 1°/1° out of the box - I was the first to try this particular pair). The skis were simply rock solid on any surface (and yes, I'm looking for a "gently used" pair in a 180-something as soon as budget permits).