Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Love my new boots

We are going to a place in British Columbia BP, Sun Peaks. I think one reason the liner did not pack down enough is that its very outer layer seemed to be made of plastic. although somewhat flexible it wasn't going to stretch. Any issues with them (or MrsH with hers), well the idea is to be back in Breckenridge in Jan 2015 so I'm hoping all will be good!

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, BC sounds awesome. I hope to go ski there someday. I am sure you will absolutely love it. I have a cousin who skied at Whistler and he says it's awesome. I'll check out the trail map at Sun Peaks. I spend a lot of time dreaming over trail maps!

I think my liners will pack out pretty well. They are very well made by what I can tell so hopefully all will work itself out. I loved how I skied that first day so much. I really hope that I will be able to recapture that very soon. I am excited to try my Building Blocks drills in my new boots too because I think I will do so much better especially on the drills where I have to balance on my outside edges of my uphill skis. When I review the drills I want to really focus on the bottoms of my feet and feeling how every part of the foot works and how the ski reacts to each movement and feeling. Lateral foot awareness is new to me and it is very exciting. But I think it's best to hold off on drilling until the boots are broken in. That way I won't try to compensate if they hurt a bit. Brother told me not to drill at all the first few days. So it's probably best to wait. It's getting super warm anyway this week and the next couple of weeks so the snow might have a bit of trouble. Hopefully it will hold up but the first week of January looks like it will get cold again. And we were really lucky to open early. The last two years we did not open until around New Year's.

SP is a bit like Breckenridge in that while it has some double blacks most of it is quite accessible to most people. They had wet snow over the weekend out in the PNW apparently which cleared with a cold dry air Arctic change dropping temps this week. Hopefully that will suck the moisture out and here's hopeing for more snow over the weekend / early next week. The drills just wouldn't have worked in my old boots but did in my new boots. However as I posted elsewhere this local season just gone didn't have the conditions which I'd sort of worked out as being necessary for success. I'm hoping I can get to the drills though over the 13 days we shall be in SP.

Living in a van down by the river Ski Patrol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Princess View Post
    I skied my new boots for the first time today. They are awesome. Dalbello Raya 11. I think I need a little more room in the toeboxes but other than that I can't believe how well I skied today. Check out my blog for the details. It's amazing how a precision fit makes such a hug difference in my skiing! What a blast it is when the skis actually move with you!

The Raya has been the goto boot for hard to fit women who want a high performance boot in our shop for several years now. The Cuff and buckle adjustments are the best in business. You made a great choice. I ski on last years KR2 Fusion, and love the updated cabrio designs from Dalbello.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbman View Post
    The Raya has been the goto boot for hard to fit women who want a high performance boot in our shop for several years now. The Cuff and buckle adjustments are the best in business. You made a great choice. I ski on last years KR2 Fusion, and love the updated cabrio designs from Dalbello.
    Thanks Superbman. That is really exciting to hear especially knowing how I chose them. I'll pm you the story! I love being in the Dalbello Club!

Blog Entries
    Well day three went much better. No more pain in the left big toe! The boots are packing out really well. I had a great time and skied quite well. I actually got a thrill. A couple of the ski school supervisors said they saw me skiing from the chair and they could not believe how much I had improved since last year. They said I looked like a different skier. That was really awesome. The only change between close of last year and now is my new boots. If you want a blow by blow, it's all in the blog section. But I am so excited. In fact I was so excited that I called our local Dalbello rep to tell him how excited I was and what my friend from ski school had said. He told me that Glen Plake was expected for a meeting and that he should be seeing him. I asked him to pass on my delight to Glen about the boots and he said he would absolutely do that! How is that?!!

Moderator Snow Sport InstructorSkier Village Coach LiquidFeet's Avatar
    Hey, will you get a chance to ski with Glen? That would be so great.

Nice! Good job getting Dalbellos : ) They're awesome!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidFeet View Post
    Hey, will you get a chance to ski with Glen? That would be so great.
    That would be a dream come true! :0) You never know. I hear he is a really cool and sweet and down to earth guy. And he has come to our area before but if that happens I will be sure to let you all know!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by '9' View Post
    Nice! Good job getting Dalbellos : ) They're awesome!
    Thank you! They are awesome!