Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Love my new boots

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Princess View Post
    Well day three went much better. No more pain in the left big toe! The boots are packing out really well. I had a great time and skied quite well. I actually got a thrill. A couple of the ski school supervisors said they saw me skiing from the chair and they could not believe how much I had improved since last year. They said I looked like a different skier. That was really awesome. The only change between close of last year and now is my new boots. If you want a blow by blow, it's all in the blog section. But I am so excited. In fact I was so excited that I called our local Dalbello rep to tell him how excited I was and what my friend from ski school had said. He told me that Glen Plake was expected for a meeting and that he should be seeing him. I asked him to pass on my delight to Glen about the boots and he said he would absolutely do that! How is that?!!
    Hey, nice developments and nice of you to share BP

Hi BP,

Went through the email string and wanted to give my two cents into your new boot experience. I suspect perhaps your new boots are a bit softer flexing than your old ones? I'm just curious, because I until my boots were softened up several years ago I had no idea how much that kept me from dynamically moving or staying in balance.

Toby

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Hi BP,

Went through the email string and wanted to give my two cents into your new boot experience. I suspect perhaps your new boots are a bit softer flexing than your old ones? I'm just curious, because I until my boots were softened up several years ago I had no idea how much that kept me from dynamically moving or staying in balance.

Toby
    Actually, quite the opposite. I had to get stiffer boots. My first boots were a recreational fit and an intermediate level boot with a Salomon flex rating of 70. My new boots are precision fit high intermediate to advanced/expert ranged boots with a Dalbello flex rating of 85. It's important to note that flex ratings might not be the same when you compare different companies but my new Dalbellos are much stiffer than my Salomons. That is why I had to get them. I have improved enough in my skiing that the Salomons had become too soft for me and were not able to handle the gforces generated from my skiing well enough anymore. I have noticed that the stiffer flex has really helped me tremendously.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacski View Post
    Hey, nice developments and nice of you to share BP
    Thank you H!

Hi Bp,

I could see that. My boots were silly stiff so I guess mine were completely the opposite of your old boots. I couldn't flex mine at all even in a warm room let alone on a cold hill. Glad they work for you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Hi Bp,

I could see that. My boots were silly stiff so I guess mine were completely the opposite of your old boots. I couldn't flex mine at all even in a warm room let alone on a cold hill. Glad they work for you!
    Thanks, I am so glad they are working for me too! I can totally see how silly stiff would hurt your skiing. That would not be a good thing at all. I am glad you kept your old boots to be able to use them again. Maybe in another year or two you can get the ones we talked about. On of my friends just got a pair and he LOVES them.

Blog Entries
    Got a little room put into my left toe box Friday. They felt much better today. I had gotten concerned when I almost got frostbite after two hours Thursday because I had no room to wiggle my left toes at all. Today I forgot my heaters and even though it was mid twenties with a real humidity feel of 16 I was able to keep from freezing. my toes did get cold but nothing compared to how cold they had gotten Thursday. So that was really good. All the details are in the blog.
    Last edited by Bushido Princess; December 16th, 2013 at 07:57 AM.