Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Never, ever buy twintips without demoing...

Bought a home Skier Village Coach songfta's Avatar
    I'm at 9 pair right now. All of them are gathering dust.

If you count modern skis, I have 5 pair. But I keep the others in slope-ready condition (albeit with the bindings backed off), just in case.

My horse knows his own way home Snow Sport Instructor SMJ's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Two active pairs and a pair of rock skis.
    I need to be a conqueror, a liberator of my potential, kept prisoner all these years.

I have my own seat in the pub Skier Village Coach Coach Rick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by songfta View Post
    I'm at 9 pair right now. All of them are gathering dust.

If you count modern skis, I have 5 pair. But I keep the others in slope-ready condition (albeit with the bindings backed off), just in case.
    I used to back out my bindings. Then one year, at the end of my first day of the season, I looked down while riding the chair to notice I'd forgotten to crank them back up. I'd skied all day at 0 DIN, and not a single blow out. Anyway, after that, I figured my memory was only going to go downhill in seasons to come, you know, getting older and all, so I scrapped backing off the bindings over the summer.
    YOUR SKI COACH - Bringing world class skills to the recreational skier

* Instructional DVDs * Technical Articles * On Hill Coaching

www.YourSkiCoach.com

Heh. I have a scar on my chin from backing out my bindings and forgetting to set them back up.

Same thing as you - skied all day and never noticed. Except this was Utah (my first time there). During a non-stop storm week.

So it's late afternoon, everything off Pioneer Ridge is shutting down. Time to head back to the front and to the condo. Take the lift back to the front ridge and an easy coast down. I remind myself to try to stay left. It's getting pretty hard to see - cloud fog and snow both. But hey it's a green run. Let's get outta here. I start putting on speed. And a little more speed - heck those 710s could take it easy.

BOOM! A wall of white. Well, white with a blood trail anyway, from where I landed up to where my skis decided they'd rather come off, crack my goggles and give me a shave instead of going over the snow berm with me.

OK, go pick myself up, click back in, ski back down to the base, 7 stitches at the patrol shack from a moonlighting doc. The next day, as I'm cleaning the skis, I notice the heels have no forward pressure tension on them.