Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: SO Ski Racing

Home Sweet Home Skier Village Coach mastersracer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations, BP. You're a rock star! Good luck in your future competitions.

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you!

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I had my first day of Special Olympics roller skating today. It was HARD!! I have only roller skated in my driveway when I was 12 and that was it so I am a beginner beginner! It is really awesome being in a sport where I am the worse one though. Every single other athlete is better than I am because I am the only first year. But I loved it. I was surprised too because a lot of them are around my age. It's always hard to tell chronological ages sometimes. But I love that they were all helping me and the best part of being the worst one is that I can only get better! :0)

But today I started learning swizzles, front and back, lifting one leg, cannonballs, and shoot the duck. I still need to figure out how to stop though. I think did not realize that I don't know how to stop yet! It was interesting because in order to understand the foot movements I translated everything into skiing terms and that helped a lot. They commented on how good my balance is for a first timer. I have hours and hours of Building Blocks fore/aft balance drills on skis to thank for that. It was wild though having my "balance box" down from my 158 centimeters (or 152 for my ice skis) to about 9 inches. But I'll bet learning to skate, especially figure skate on ice which starts in one month, will make me much better skier. I don't own quads but I will try to practice what I am learning with my inlines. I had bought them on Craigslist hoping to learn because Hubby inlines very well. They told me I should think about buying my own quads but I don't have that kind of money. But I guess for my very beginner level that I am at, rentals should be fine. I am really glad I got through the whole practice without falling. :0)

Home Sweet Home Skier Village Coach mastersracer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sounds fun.

I hope to definitely be doing that either way. The hardest thing about that is finding a good videographer.

I believe in buying good videographer on my Birthday