Thread: Heeee's Baaaa-ack....yikes. Headin into the SVELT Loounge...beer's on me!

Heeee's Baaaa-ack....yikes. Headin into the SVELT Loounge...beer's on me!

Long Story short...Back in MT after a long drive to buy boots from BPs brother. Certified, teaching, doing Senior Program development at NRM. I live 16 miles past the last cell signal. 1 mile past the end of the telephone system and 5 miles past the end of the Internet. Miss you guys so much I broke down and got me one o them new fangled sat-a-malite dishes.
    "If you are lucky enough to be on the mountain.....You are lucky enough"

I have my own seat in the pub Skier Village Coach Coach Rick's Avatar
    Welcome back to the Mtns, MG! You must be lovin life. I might be vicariousing ya this season.
    YOUR SKI COACH - Bringing world class skills to the recreational skier

* Instructional DVDs * Technical Articles * On Hill Coaching

www.YourSkiCoach.com

Thanks CR I am good at the "guided vicarious" teaching model )) It is nice lively very remotely and disconnected but I figured it is costing me as much to drive to town to use their wifi as it would be to just get a dish. I certainly couldn't manage the seniors' program without it so I guess I am back on the leash. I really did miss the technical discussions we have here in the village.

I was trolling the PSIA - NRM website yesterday. There was a posted picture of someone lined up for school waaay back in the day. 60s or so anyway. There was a kid in the foreground maybe 7 or 8 yrs old on a pair of wood skis that were like170cm or so. My first skis were my mom's hand me downs. Military surplus from WWII. The first day my dad was after about leaning back on my boots the way a lot of kids do, riding around in the back seat. The next day we went out in the garage, clamped them in the bench vice and cut the tails off so there was only maybe a foot left. Nothing will teach to stay out of the backseat like skis with no tails )))) But we skied "all-mountain" on that gear in leather lace up boots. I guess that's why I go a little crazy when people start talking about gear one simply must have to ski this or that. I suppose that's why a focus a lot on drills that help with confidence and balance and finesse with the BERP movements. You have that stuff you can make any turn, anytime, anywhere AND ON any ski

I have my own seat in the pub Skier Village Coach Coach Rick's Avatar
    Love the cutting the tails off story. Reminds me of a racer I had who was always falling onto her inside ski. All the preaching I could muster had no effect. So I went into the training center, pulled out an old pair of skis out of the closest, took a file and rounded the outside edges, set the bindings for her boots, and sent her out to run our icy slalom course on them. See fixed her leaning in issue very quickly.
    YOUR SKI COACH - Bringing world class skills to the recreational skier

* Instructional DVDs * Technical Articles * On Hill Coaching

www.YourSkiCoach.com

It's a crap shoot Coach. Sometimes ya gotta do it the hard way. There's a guy who sings cowboy music can't remember the name at the moment but introducing a song on a live album he said (referring to dudes on horses) "Some people have some common sense and other have to pee on the electric fence for themselves"