Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nothing Strange about it

Nothing Strange about it

I think at some point or another everyone tlks to themselves when they are alone at home What happens when you have an entire village to yourself......
    "If you are lucky enough to be on the mountain.....You are lucky enough"

Evening everyone! Looking for a little help. I am trouble engaging the BTE on my left foot. The right seems to be fine. I almost lose it if I am skating across the flat. Thoughts?

Hey M1 Can you give us some more specifics? Is it affecting balance in general or just when you are turning?

Anytime I put pressure on the inside of that big toe my leg almost collapses

OK M1 lets just run thru the checklist. The way I understand your description, whenever you put pressure on your left BTE you experience an almost involuntary dorsiflexion? Try bringing your hips a bit more forward as you transition to that edge. If that doesn't work go get some bunion pads. Here's a handy drill I use all the time...

1, Bunion Pad in left hand Alcohol swab in right hand. Hands at waist level and slightly outside your elbows
    2. With a stable BOS, apply a micro gram of dorsiflexion while simultaneously moving glutealasimus major and minor aft
    3. Make sure to keep your hands out in front where you can see them. It's a bunion pad Not a handi-wipe
    4. Maintain balance by shifting CM slightly fore. You should feel some pressure in the balls of your feet. You should now be in nearly seated position. (If this is your first time, go ahead and sit down until you the hang of it...you moron)
    5. Using a combination of flex at the knee, ankle and femur rotation, bring your left foot up and rest it on your right knee.
    6. You want a stable lower half to anchor a controlling rotation of the torso to your left. This is counter rather than anticipation. Or maybe counter to anticipation but that's another thread.
    7. Now for the touch. It is important to maintain core strength (this may sting a little) by employing the Austrian Hunch while reaching for the touch with the alcohol swab. Good! By golly yer a natural
    8. Maintaining the AH, make a counter torso rotation to the right while reaching for the pad plant. Excellent

That should solve that BTE problem
    NEXT!!! Now serving number 57....
    Last edited by mtguide1; October 17th, 2014 at 10:33 PM.

M1 !!!! "Mister Funny Man" WHY IS IT anytime you don't really have the answer you go running home to some esoteric biomechanical solution? Do you just crave making things more complex than they have to be or are you just a one trick pony? hmmm?
    Last edited by mtguide1; October 17th, 2014 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtguide1 View Post
    M1 !!!! WHY IS IT anytime you don't really have the answer you go running home to some biomechanical solution? Do you just crave making things more complex than they hve to be or are you just a one trick pony? hmmm?
    M1 you blithering TWIT! If you aren't capable of implementing a drill this simple why are you even on the site? (sigh) Let's try a simplified approach. I call it The Natural Bunion Method.

Take off yer **** shoe and sock, wipe of yer toe with the *** ****** swab so the pad will stick and then stick the **** pad on there. I will leave it to you to decide if you want your sock and shoe back on. You can do that just any old way you feel right about without becoming unblanced...K???

If you re having trouble with your tantrums, I have a drill for that too
    Last edited by mtguide1; October 17th, 2014 at 09:34 PM.

You are a JERK!

I know

It's OK. We both are. Wanna go get a beer?