Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New Season Resolutions

My horse knows his own way home Snow Sport Instructor SMJ's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm going for twice that Snowfan. But a lot of those are mornings at the local hill. Your local texas hill is probably not open for skiing.
    I need to be a conqueror, a liberator of my potential, kept prisoner all these years.

Here's to us reaching our goals

It's 72 here today. Warm all week then maybe winter will restart.

Home Sweet Home Skier Village Coach mastersracer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It is kind of warm here, too, Snowfan, but the area is still wintery. Peak 6 is reported (by my Lift Ops roomie) to be opening on the 12th.

I'm hoping for more days than last year. It'll be hard work, lots of hooky from work, and county XC days in addition to Alpine and BC. It'd be grand to make 100 days. It has been about 35 years since that happened.

My real(istic) goals are just to ski, stay healthy and enjoy.

I have my own seat in the pub Skier Village Coach Coach Rick's Avatar
    MR, where do you do your XC, and what type of skis?
    YOUR SKI COACH - Bringing world class skills to the recreational skier

* Instructional DVDs * Technical Articles * On Hill Coaching

www.YourSkiCoach.com

Blog Entries
    I XC in French Gulch a mile up from my house. It is a good place to go with Misty. It is also where most of my photos of dog walks from last year are taken.

Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-08-14-41-55.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  10.3 KBName:  Screenshot_2014-12-08-14-41-35.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  14.7 KBName:  Screenshot_2014-12-08-14-46-03.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  8.2 KB

I use Fischer 210s with a fish-scale kicker. They work pretty nicely in everything from sun softened to icy. The trails are packed by people on snow shoes, skis, foot and fat tire bike. It is all classic style. Very seldom do I get to skate.

Blog Entries
    Today at Breck makes day 9. I was called to a client at the base of 9 (BOEC.org) and showed up in my new (to me) one piece. I wonder what they were thinking. And....

Today a lift op on the T-Bar sees me coming up single and begins to tell me how to load the T-Bar single. I don't know what he was thinking. His boss, my roommate, will certainly be entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Tiger View Post
    Hacski,

I'd like to suggest leaving that drill for now... Do the leap frog thing and return to it later- or even slip little bits of it in as play or in odd moments... but switch your main focus away from the Basic Balance for now...

I still struggle with that drill... I need to master it now(and I'm getting there)... I've always found it hard - Ok for me all balance stuff is pretty tricky... but that aside...

Work your way through all the Basic Edging drills... the turn shape variations and edge control stuff really changes your skiing a lot... You can go back and do more Basic Balance after you get those nailed...
    That switch did encourage me last December, feeling I was making progress was motivating whereas getting stuck on the inside leg thing was frustrating.
    PS. Will make it easy for me re which skis to bring too - the usual ones.
    Last edited by Hacski; December 9th, 2014 at 09:08 PM. Reason: PS

I have my own seat in the pub Skier Village Coach Coach Rick's Avatar
    It's a good plan, HS, to do the Basic Edging now. You might even find after working on that, when you go back to work on the inside leg balance later it might click. Enhancing the edge control skills can help with the inside ski balance. And sometimes just taking a break from a challenging task can make the next attempt to tackle it more fresh and potentially successful.
    YOUR SKI COACH - Bringing world class skills to the recreational skier

* Instructional DVDs * Technical Articles * On Hill Coaching

www.YourSkiCoach.com

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Rick View Post
    Going into a new ski season, anyone have any goals, skills, drills, milestones they're shooting for this coming year that they'd like to share?
    I want to get super comfortable on Upper Ramrod and Upper Lafayette's Leap and learn how to ski beginner bumps. I also want try to do some Nastar races and I want to try to win gold medals at Special Olympics State Games in skiing. I tried one Nastar last year and that was a disaster so maybe I can do better this year. I also want to get through the Advanced Balance Building Blocks DVD this year.

I also want to learn to snowboard so that I can enjoy that with Hubby because he only boards.

And one last goal, I want to try to keep up a bit closer to Brother when we ski together. He will often ski slower so that I can keep up with him but I want to ski a little faster so that he does not have to slow down too much.

Those are my goals. I think they are pretty good goals.
    Last edited by Bushido Princess; December 14th, 2014 at 05:05 AM.