Thread: 'Tis The Season!

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries

'Tis The Season!

So often we have really bad experiences with lots of jerks and mean people but every now and then we get a little reminder that there are still some super wonderful great hearted people out there.

I went out tonight to get dad's special Christmas present and it was kind of late and I had not eaten so I decided to go to Subway. I was in line and I looked through my wallet and told the guy making the sandwich that I only had a couple of dollars so I was wondering what I could get. Then the young man in line in front of me told me that I should get whatever I wanted because he had a couple of extra dollars and he would cover whatever difference I needed. I was blown away by his sweet offer. So I ordered a $6.00 tuna meal which is my favorite and when I went to pull out my cash he pulled out his card and said, "Merry Christmas" and told the cashier to put my entire meal on his card. I was elated and thanked him profusely and made a promise that as soon as I was able I would pass on the gesture and surprise an unsuspecting customer like that as well.

It is such a good feeling to know that small random acts of kindness are still around and that there are still genuinely wonderful people out there.

Looking for an apartment Stranger's Avatar
    There is very little better than performing random acts of kindness to folks you don't know.
    Thanks for sharing that BP
    When nothing goes right; go left.

My horse knows his own way home Snow Sport Instructor SMJ's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wonderful story.
    I need to be a conqueror, a liberator of my potential, kept prisoner all these years.

My horse knows his own way home Little Tiger's Avatar
    Sounds like he was a nice guy...

Hope you get as much or more enjoyment paying forward as it you did receiving BP

I have my own seat in the pub Skier Village Coach Coach Rick's Avatar
    With Christmas just around the corner it's a good reminder of the joy that comes from being on both the giving and the receiving side of an act of kindness.
    YOUR SKI COACH - Bringing world class skills to the recreational skier

* Instructional DVDs * Technical Articles * On Hill Coaching

www.YourSkiCoach.com