Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Boots Are You Wearing

Home Sweet Home Ski Patrol daveski7's Avatar

What Boots Are You Wearing

Hey all, hope you are all enjoying a wonderful snowy Ski season. We always ask the question what is in your ski quiver how about what are you wearing for boots? Give me a little info on what you like about them and what made you choose them. Regards, Dave
    When you are winning, don't let up. When you are losing, don't give up.

2012 RX130 Lange....good contact everywhere inside the boot without being tight anywhere. Really responsive and a lot of High Definition feel from snow and ski. The nice bright color makes them easy to find no matter where I happen to put them. Old minds need all the help they can get.
    "If you are lucky enough to be on the mountain.....You are lucky enough"

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am so excited that you love your boots MTGuide. I told Brother you had sent greetings and that you were loving them and he is really thrilled that they are working for you.

I am in Dalbello Raya 11's the plum ones. I LOVE them. We had to do some work on them to relieve a couple of pressure points but I love how responsive they are. I also love that they are much stiffer than my Salomon Siam's which were my first pair. I love that I went down a size too but that's not because of the boot. I also love that, like my previous boots they only have three buckles because that's one less than four even though, unlike my Salomons which were an overlap shell, my Dabello's have a Cabrio shell,which is the same name as two of my washing machines. And I love that my power straps have sparkles that look like mica in rocks. And I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the plum color with the pretty swirls! But they really perform outstandingly for what I can tell at my level of skiing. And I love that I was allowed and able to pick them out all by myself under the watchful eye of my bootfitter of course.
    Last edited by Bushido Princess; February 28th, 2015 at 09:21 PM.

My horse knows his own way home Snow Sport Instructor SMJ's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tecnica The Agent 130, setup by Nick Blaylock at Mount Snow Bootworks with Intuition liners.
    I need to be a conqueror, a liberator of my potential, kept prisoner all these years.

Moderator Snow Sport InstructorSkier Village Coach LiquidFeet's Avatar
    Atomic Redster Pro 110s. Chosen for low volume and narrow last.
    I don't love them. There is still work to be done.
    The liner leaves something to be desired (as in Princess and the Pea).
    I may no longer trust my bootfitter, but that's another story.

Home Sweet Home Ski Patrol daveski7's Avatar
    You didn't seem to like the boots you had before if my memory serves me correctly. What were they Salomons?
    When you are winning, don't let up. When you are losing, don't give up.

Nordica Speedmachine 130 from I dunno, 2006-8??? Warm, dry and very comfortable after footbeds and punches but a touch too big. Of course.

Moderator Snow Sport InstructorSkier Village Coach LiquidFeet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daveski7 View Post
    You didn't seem to like the boots you had before if my memory serves me correctly. What were they Salomons?
    Yes they were.

Home Sweet Home Skier Village Coach mastersracer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fischer RC4 Pro 130. I was fit for these at the shop where I work part-time. I was 'vacuumed' once, then again to hit some hot spots and gaps left from the first time. These are without doubt the best fitting, finest performing boots I have ever had. I have a wide-ish foot (at least an E), a 'sixth toe' problem, old spurs on my heels. This boot accommodates all my needs. It is all day comfortable with no need to unbuckle between runs. I come home from skiing and snowthrow the yard wearing my ski boots. That is how comfortable they are.

Performance is outstanding. Because the fit is so exact, I have excellent control. I got into these boots at the beginning of the season so I can't compare them directly to my old boots (Nordica Speed Machine 130). The SOMA technology (splayed stance to match natural tendencies) hasn't been an issue and probably has been an aid. The plastic used in the Vacuum line of boots is much more stable, flex-wise, than conventional plastic. It maintains a fairly consistent flex throughout the day as it is less prone to the effects of temperature. I am constantly amazed when I find myself driving into a trough or bump and the boot flexes, rather than jams me up. You know, when your boot doesn't flex when you want/need it to? That doesn't happen anymore.

The strap on the boot is also phenomenal. It doesn't have elastic in it like Booster straps, but it does employ a similar buckle that provides positive engagement and easy adjustment. The strap will easily overpower the buckles so you need to use it with care; you can easily over tighten it and cut off circulation as well as significantly modify the way your lower leg interfaces with the boot. I tighten my buckles to the desired tightness, then adjust the strap to just match the tension in the buckles. That way I have constant contact with the tongue of the boot and instant feedback from the boot.

Ya, I like my new boots.

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    LF, If you are having the same problems with your new boots that you had with your old ones, the problem might not be the boots. You may need to check the footbed.