Page 1 of 204 1 2 3 6 11 16 21 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi, Sam. What's new?

I have my own seat in the pub Skier Village Coach Coach Rick's Avatar

Hi, Sam. What's new?

I think we need a thread for sharing the daily happenings of our lives. You know, those little things that take place through our day that nobody but a friend would give a hoot hearing about.

Might be something good that happened for you at work,,, news about the family,,, telling about trips/outings you're planning, or have been on,,, stories of funny things that happened,,, telling us about new toys/houses/pets/cars/etc.

You name it. Anything you might bring up over a cup of coffee with a friend.
    YOUR SKI COACH - Bringing world class skills to the recreational skier

* Instructional DVDs * Technical Articles * On Hill Coaching

www.YourSkiCoach.com

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That sounds like a really great idea. Just like sitting by the fire and chilling!

I'll start.

My dog Rocky's vocabulary is growing. I got home from work today and decided to sit out on the deck to relax a while, and enjoy the beautiful day. Rocky came out to say hi and join me I was sitting with my back to the distant road, facing the wooded back hill behind the house. Rocky sat in front of me, facing the road with a big smile on his face as he kept an eye out for anyone or thing foolish enough to travel down his street.

As I sat watching the hillside I saw a deer slinking through the trees. "Rocky, there's a deer on the back hill." Obviously not paying attention, he looked up at me with a smile still planted on his face, as if to say, "What was that, Rick? What did you say?" I repeated, "There's a deer..... On the back hill". His smile immediately disappeared, he looked at me with startled intensity, and I could almost hear him say, "Really? Where?", as he quickly snapped his head around 180 degrees to peer at the back hill, instantly caught site of the intruder, and set off on a sprint to send him on his way.

I sat there momentarily stunned. "Wow, did that really happen?" Sure did. Smart boy, Rocky.
    Last edited by Coach Rick; June 24th, 2011 at 09:16 PM.

www.YourSkiCoach.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Princess View Post
    That sounds like a really great idea. Just like sitting by the fire and chilling!
    Yep, exactly.

www.YourSkiCoach.com

Blog Entries
    It's amazing what we don't know about the pets we love. They really do understand EVERYTHING! The last cat we had, Sascha was amazing like that. He was a seal point Siamese and if you have ever had a Siamese cat, you know how expressive and intelligent they are. He could also be very demanding and when he wanted something he was very clear to make sure you knew he wanted it now! One day I was busy with whatever I was doing and he came over to me and started "talking" to me that very demanding the "world revolves around me" attitude. I looked him straight in the eye and said, "Sascha, I am tired of that tone of voice and if you ever talk to me like that again you will be in big trouble." You know from that moment until the day he died he never, ever, once talked like that again! He knew exactly what I said!

And it's fun to see what they tell each other too. He had a girlfriend who lived across the street. She was an outdoor cat so we never let her in our house. Well one day she managed to sneak in and it was very interesting how she knew exactly where the food was and where the beds and the most comfy chairs were. I really think they plot and plan sometimes! It's kind of like that Far Side with the cows who all of sudden break up their little conversation and start grazing when the cars drive by!

Blog Entries
    That's a great song. I really miss JD.

My horse knows his own way home Little Tiger's Avatar
    Well:
    Bernard Tomic won his match in 5 sets after they stopped for bad light when he had turned around aftre losing first 2 sets
    Changed Dad's neck collar and all the dressings I'd put on his pressure sores and it is nearly all good skin with just a few pinpoint broken skin patches now - yay me!
    Went to get physio advice on SIJ problems and got told I had been caught limping - I'm now supposed to see the podiatrist and the physio for check ups!
    The football is on - Gold coast suns losing to Western Bulldogs. Hawthorn thrashed Essendon. Carn the Pies!

For those that don't know it(most of you) this is football aussie style http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/default.aspx

hmmm no work try round 8 Coll and Geel

Home Sweet Home Ski Patrol daveski7's Avatar
    Woke up this morning to day four in a row of rain here in Seattle, wait a minute I live in Massachusetts. Sure feels like Seattle though. Sun isn't supposed to come out til' tomorrow. Pretty rough week to be a Landsacaper,soaking wet from 7 in the morning until quitting time. Kids gotta eat though. Think Summer. Dave