Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hi, Sam. What's new? - Page 204
Page 204 of 204 FirstFirst ... 179 184 189 194 199 202 203 204
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2040

Thread: Hi, Sam. What's new?

My horse knows his own way home Little Tiger's Avatar
    Yeah we had ones for shannon that did not stay...

Rocky's stay on quite well - they look like they should slip - no shape just a tube - but they work better...

Rick might check and post the brand - we got them from a guy that races skijor dogs

I think they work because they are thin on bottom - so dog can feel the ground well and less weight to pull them down

http://www.blackicedogsledding.com/product-p/db08.htm

Those are like Rocky's but not the same brand

The bottom piece is cordura and the top is fleece and they are a simple tube... that way his paw shapes what is down... so if it moves a bit he is not running in the wrong bit of the foot... I think that is why shaped ones work less well - the shape is never exactly the dogs shape and extra bits annoy them...

Thanks LT. I'll see if they can be obtained locally otherwise see about getting them from that site. Luckily they ship internationally.

We had a different brand... but the guys that sold them was a ski jor fanatic... His description was that plain unshaped simple tubes work much better... and I know that fleece will not work on gravel so you need a tough bottom - I'd try for Cordura bottom and stretchy lightish top - perhaps Miss H or Mrs H could even make them? I would have back a few years ago but my sewing machine is on loan elsewhere and I no longer have any cordura...

Thought - Try the local outdoor gear place to you... they have fabrics, jackets, climbing stuff... They may give you cordura off cut or even make some up as a test(they can add to their production line if it works and sell through vets an outdoor shops)...

here is retail store - but the factory is close by I think.... i remember going there

http://www.mont.com.au/canberra-flagship-store

Oh I found this site

http://mtnridge.com/booties.html

We are trying to get in circuits of the nature reserve as frequently as possible. Wildlife is always nice to spot, excepting if it is a brown snake. Well actually if one spots a snake it is better than not seeing it! I thought there may have been one recently just off the track when I heard something in the grass but luckily it was this cute little well camoglagued echidna:

One can see from the size of the grass seeds that I had to zoom in a good deal before the echidna could be distinguished from the background.

Nice - there was one living on the Thredbo road that seemed to like crossing the road a lot

For right now I am still trying to plan tomorrow, but it will be penciled in on the calendar under the heading"DAD"