Page 2 of 204 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 7 12 17 22 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi, Sam. What's new?

My horse knows his own way home Little Tiger's Avatar
    uurgg**h landscaping in rain... Coach Rick worked that out right being in Colorado now I guess - more sun less rain! (shorter summer though)

My horse knows his own way home Snow Sport Instructor SMJ's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As to me I'm just glad if I get through the rest of this sling thing without hot weather. It's amazing how much more uncomfortable it feels when the temperature goes above 80.
    I need to be a conqueror, a liberator of my potential, kept prisoner all these years.

Home Sweet Home Ski Patrol daveski7's Avatar
    SMJ we'll compromize, sunny and low 70's. That would work for both of us.

My horse knows his own way home Snow Sport Instructor SMJ's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daveski7 View Post
    SMJ we'll compromize, sunny and low 70's. That would work for both of us.
    That would be perfect!
    I need to be a conqueror, a liberator of my potential, kept prisoner all these years.

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey Daveski, where in MA do you live? I spent a few years in the Boston area.

I live in the outskirts of Worcester, on the Holden line. Lived in MA my whole life though, born in Framingham, moved out here about 11 years ago. Whereabouts did you stay when you were in MA?

Quote Originally Posted by SMJ View Post
    That would be perfect!
    Need the sun as I got some catching up to do with my lawns. A bunch of them are so long and wet it would have been disastrous attempting to cut them. I'll just have to work this afternoon and tomorrow til" dark. Oh well!

I have my own seat in the pub Bushido Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was all over the place. I started school at Tufts so I was on campus for the first two years. Then I ran out of money and took time off and lived in Dorchester, Hyde Park, Milton, Arlington and Summerville, not in that order!. Then I went to UMass Boston for a year. That's when I was in Dorchester. Finally, after complications with a surgery, I ended up back with mom and dad in MD and transferred to Howard U. Got sick again though so after all that I never actually finished school. Oh well, skiing's more fun anyway

I have my own seat in the pub Skier Village Coach Coach Rick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daveski7 View Post
    Woke up this morning to day four in a row of rain here in Seattle, wait a minute I live in Massachusetts. Sure feels like Seattle though. Sun isn't supposed to come out til' tomorrow. Pretty rough week to be a Landsacaper,soaking wet from 7 in the morning until quitting time. Kids gotta eat though. Think Summer. Dave
    I can relate, Dave. I've been a landscaper for many years. Maintenance and installation. Before I came to Colorado I was in Buffalo. There I experienced just what you are now frequently. Rain for weeks on end, and trying to mow grass on lawns that have virtual lakes of standing water on them. Frustrating to the point of pulling your hair out, wondering how you're going to get to all the work you have to do.

Colorado is like landscaper heaven. When it does rain here, it's generally in and out in no time, and within an hour it's all dry and sunny again. Skiing is pretty good too.
    YOUR SKI COACH - Bringing world class skills to the recreational skier

* Instructional DVDs * Technical Articles * On Hill Coaching

www.YourSkiCoach.com

Yeah, my wife's Uncle and family live in Littleton,CO and her Dad lives in AZ. I would love to move out that way for all those reasons, seems she is anchored out this way though. I'll keep pestering her about it,if not I'll just have to come out and visit. We are doing one more Disney trip this year and then will change vacation venue. I have suggested an early April trip to CO,she can visit family and you betcha what I will be doing! It is a win win for all(atleast in theory). We'll work on it.