Thread: Mobile Style

Blog Entries

Mobile Style

I've added a Mobile Style for those using mobile equipment...

You can selcet it from the drop down down the bottom of the screen.

I believe it may be the default for mobile browsers
    He who dies with the most bones wins

I have my own seat in the pub Skier Village Coach Coach Rick's Avatar
    Nice job, Top Dog! Looks good.

People, if you'd like to try it, to see what it looks like, go to the box that says "Default Style" at the bottom left of your screen, click the arrows on the right of the box to get the drop down menu, and click "mobile style". To get back to the regular screen, click on "Full Site" on the bottom middle of the screen.
    YOUR SKI COACH - Bringing world class skills to the recreational skier

* Instructional DVDs * Technical Articles * On Hill Coaching

www.YourSkiCoach.com

Here for a holiday OldEasternSkier's Avatar
    Tried out the mobile style and had all sorts of trouble with it both on my laptop (Safari & Firefox) as well as my iPhone (Safari). Links don't seem to work and the color selection obscures the text. Had to clear cookies to get the normal style back.

Have you looked into the vBulletin iPhone app? Right now it only supports vBulletin.com, but I bet they've got something in the works for self-hosted boards ...

My horse knows his own way home Little Tiger's Avatar
    Hi OES

There is an update for the mobile style... I'll try to install it this next week or two... but I'm pretty flat out right now... also from what I can read about it the latest updates break the mobile style and I have to reinstall it each time... (yay )
    I did not do this after the last couple of installs so it probably really is broken atm... it was OK but buggy before that(tested from ipod)

We need to buy the iphone app... if there are a bunch of users interested we could have a look at the cost... I believe we pay them money and then get something to make an app for us for the forum... SMJ? songfta? I think these guys have more expertise than I do...

My horse knows his own way home Snow Sport Instructor SMJ's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey LT. No experience with installing the mobile app, but I agree with OES that the site doesn't work on the iPhone currently.
    I need to be a conqueror, a liberator of my potential, kept prisoner all these years.

I'll try to get the new update in and do the reinstall... Seems they changed the instructions to include reinstallin mobile style each time and did not make it clear at all... so no-one noticed...

I'll do it all and see what happens then ok?

Blog Entries
    cool, let me know and I'll test it. working from home today so have time.
    I need to be a conqueror, a liberator of my potential, kept prisoner all these years.

Oh no - not today... garden party tomorrow for a friend turning 80... plus a carpet guy coming to quote us for new carpet...

Maybe saturday night or Sunday here... which would be 16 hours earlier there

Blog Entries
    great, have a fun time at the party!

Here for a holiday OldEasternSkier's Avatar
    One of the big problems with vBulletin is that it's pay-to-play and has no open source or plugin development community (like Wordpress for example). vBulletin is getting really long in the tooth and while it has a strong feature set for community boards, it is falling farther and farther behind the latest web technologies.

I wouldn't worry about either upgrading the mobile theme or buying in to the iPhone app for now (build up a strong community first!), but you might just disable the mobile theme altogether as it's pretty clearly broken and a bit of a pain to undo the settings once you try and enable it!