Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shoulder (Front of) Pain

It sounds like your injuries inflame easily. If you can cause pain in your shoulder by palpation then it mat be muscular. If palpation causes intense pain then maybe a rotator cuff. If neither then it maybe a neural impingement. Rest it. Avoid movements anything like what caused the injury. There are a zillion ligaments and tendons and nerves in that area. Anti inflammatories and time will tell. Or....a $1600 mri....even the natural arm movements of walking can prolong inflamation. Do nothing. Dont sleep on it. Dont move that shoulder! The basic rule is that if cold makes.it better then it is inflammation
    "If you are lucky enough to be on the mountain.....You are lucky enough"

Quote Originally Posted by mtguide1 View Post
    It sounds like your injuries inflame easily. If you can cause pain in your shoulder by palpation then it mat be muscular. If palpation causes intense pain then maybe a rotator cuff. If neither then it maybe a neural impingement. Rest it. Avoid movements anything like what caused the injury. There are a zillion ligaments and tendons and nerves in that area. Anti inflammatories and time will tell. Or....a $1600 mri....even the natural arm movements of walking can prolong inflamation. Do nothing. Dont sleep on it. Dont move that shoulder! The basic rule is that if cold makes.it better then it is inflammation
    I never thought about it that way, but you're right. When I whacked my hand on the t-mill, and it swelled almost instantly, I guess that's a tell-all. The good news is, my shoulder seems better. I've been doing the light exercises and they never cause any pain, but the muscle does fatigue. I ice it afterwards, and there's noticeably less tenderness now: yay! My trainer continues to work around the shoulder issue so the comparative rest must be working. I truly don't think it's rotator cuff...I have complete ROM which I guess is good.

Thanks for all the well-wishes and thoughtful advice. This getting old stuff really sucks, but I'm determined to fight it to the end!

Looking for a house Snow Sport Instructor
    You have a long way to go to get old, Nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson View Post
    You have a long way to go to get old, Nancy.
    Thanks, Kneale...on good days, I'd agree. On "less good days," as the kids say, not so much!

a lot of amazing inf here